May 28, 2008

Big L & J Dilla

Just when I thought the Assorted Donuts saga was over, I get a phone call from my boy asking me if I saw Video Music Box the other night. I ask him why and he tells me that Ralph played videos of Mos Def's "Miss Fat Booty" and Redman's "The Saga Continues" with the remixes I did replacing the original tracks. A few months later and I've finally got the videos with a surprise bonus!

Big L & J Dilla "Put It On Remix" (From Assorted Donuts)
It's only right that I post this video first because Big L's birthday is on Friday. And on that note, I think now is a good time to announce that I'm currently working on a Big L mixtape that will be released as a free online download only on February 15th of 2009. The mix is to mark the ten year anniversary of Big L's passing and will contain all original material along with some unreleased tracks. A huge thank you goes out to Lord Finesse for letting me put this together.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

RIP Big L

Cant wait for that mixtape

Unknown said...

Straight dope.

The Magic Chef said...

That video was ill. I wanna see the other ones! Let me know what you think of these blends I did up a few years ago using Dilla's Donuts. http://www.zshare.net/download/12943442fc9aa0d3/