February 9, 2009

Dilla Is God

First up, I'm reposting the Dilla mini-mix that Diplo asked me to do for Mad Decent Radio back in the spring of 2007. I feel that this mix has been heavily slept on!


Tracklisting
1. Pete Rock & Marley Marl "Intro"
2. J Dilla "Diamonds" (produced by Knottz)
3. Chris Rock "Interlude"
4. The Impressions "We Must Be In Love"
5. Pharoahe Monch "Love" (produced by Dilla)
6. Billy Paul "Let The Dollar Circulate"
7. Spacek "Dolla" (produced by Dilla)
8. J Dilla "Nothing Like This"
9. J Dilla & Dwele "Think Twice"
10. Frank N Dank "Where The Parties At?" [Inst] Original Mix

Second up is a track that I heard Questlove play over a year ago at the Okayplayer Holiday Jam. Originally I thought it was the original version of "Won't Do" (because of the Isley brothers drums) but it turned out to be an unreleased track by Frank N Dank (produced by Dilla). After months of harassing Ahmir for it, i broke into his itunes, found the folder titled Dilla IS God and the rest is history... Enjoy!

2 comments:

kpilly said...

This is one of my favorite mixes...perfect. Dilla gets me in that mood.

EL Cri said...

um 'the ultimate' is by far one of the illest instrumentals i've heard in my life. Its been on repeat so much I'm talking like elephant man now, Thanks Soul!